The library will be closed for a staff training on the morning of Tuesday, August 11th.
Our July Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 22th at 5:30 PM. The meeting will be held using Teams and can be joined by phone call or video conference. If you have questions about the meeting please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate by phone: by calling 1 717-666-7740 and entering Conference ID: 719 840 137#
Participate by video conference: use this link to join with Microsoft Teams
Our Browsing Time process is changing! Beginning Monday, July 20th, patrons will no longer need to schedule a time slot, and will be able to come inside to use our “Express Service.”
Everyone entering the building is asked to wear a mask and must maintain social distancing. If you are not able to use a mask, consider using our Curbside Holds service. There will be a capacity limit enforced by staff, and if patrons arrive after the capacity limit is reached, they will be asked to wait outside the building. To help accommodate all visitors, patrons are asked to limit their time inside the library. MTPL will offer a Vulnerable Patrons Hour on Tuesdays 10 AM – 11 AM.
All tables, chairs, and study rooms are unavailable during Express Service. Children’s play computers and toys will not be available.
Public internet computers and Catalog computers will be available and seating will be limited to computer users only. Patrons may use a public computer for one hour-long session per patron per day. Patrons must have their library card or a photo ID to access a public computer. Printing and self-serve copying will be available for $0.25 per page for black and white, and $0.50 per page for color.
Holds may still be picked up using our Curbside Holds service.
At this time, Express Service is now available to all patrons.
MTPL will be open for Express Service:
Monday – Wednesday 10 AM – 1 PM and 4 PM – 7 PM
Vulnerable Patrons Hour Tuesday 10 AM – 11 AM
Thursday – Friday 10 AM – 1 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 2 PM
NOTE: If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please do not enter the library, use our Curbside Pick-up service, or return library materials. If you need to renew items, please login to “My Account” on our Online Catalog or call the library for assistance. Thank you for doing your part to protect library staff and the community!
Donations have been temporarily suspended. We are not able to accept any items for donation at this time.
Due to a high volume of generosity, we are unable to take more items for donation. Please check back with us for updates.
Holds are once again available through our online catalog! All holds must be picked up through our Curbside Holds Pick-up service, which is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 11 AM – 7PM and Thursday, Friday 11 AM – 4 PM.
Patrons can log in to their account on our Online Catalog to search for items and place holds. This feature was unavailable during the closures, but has now been reactivated. Patrons can now place a hold on items from MTPL or from other libraries in the Library System of Lancaster County. Holds may take longer that usual to arrive, so please be patient as we work to get your items ready.
Once your request has been filled, you will get either an email notification or a call. When you arrive for curbside pick-up, please call the curbside pick-up number to let staff know you have arrived. Staff will ask you to verify your library card number and will bring out your holds to a table in front of the library. For more information see our Curbside Holds Pick-up page.
All holds must be picked up through our Curbside Holds Pick-up service, which is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 11 AM – 7PM and Thursday, Friday 11 AM – 4 PM.
NOTE: If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact the library at 717-560-6441 to let us know you cannot make your pick up.
Beginning July 16th, due dates will no longer be automatically renewed. Items that were checked out before the library closed will be assigned a July due date. All items that were checked out before the library’s closure will be due back by the end of July.
Check your items’ due dates and renew items by logging in to “My Account” on the online catalog, or call us and have your library card number ready.
Our book drops are open, and we are able to accept returns. Weather permitting, we will have carts for returns available at the front door. When that is not possible, the regular book drops will be open. Larger items can be placed on the carts at the front door and others can be returned in the drops.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call 717-560-6441.
Our May Library Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 24th at 5:30 PM. The meeting will be held using Teams and can be joined by phone call or video conference. If you have questions about the meeting please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate by phone: by calling 1 717-666-7740 and entering Conference ID: 433 946 688#
Participate by video conference: use this link to join with Microsoft Teams
Manheim Township Public Library is resuming library services using a phased plan, which will allow us to serve you while prioritizing the safety of the Manheim Township community and Library staff. You have been telling us that you miss the Library, and we want you to know that we’ve missed you too!
Here’s what we can tell you at this time:
On June 1, Manheim Township Public Library began accepting the return of checked-out materials.
- Materials are being quarantined before they are checked-in and they will remain on your account while in quarantine (currently 5 days).
- There will be no overdue fines assessed while the items are in quarantine.
- We will have boxes set up for returns at the front door when the weather permits and the Library is staffed. Please place returned items in the boxes.
- At other times, the drive up and/or front door book drops will be open for you to deposit materials.
- If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please wait to return your items.
On June 15, Manheim Township Public Library began curbside pick-up service for patrons to begin accessing physical library materials.
- Only books, DVDs, and items that are owned by Manheim Township Public Library and available on our shelves can be requested during this initial phase of service.
- To request items, fill out the Curbside Request Form or call the Library at 717-560-6441.
- We will not be using the online catalog for holds. Requests will only be taken by form or by phone.
- Orders will be limited to 5 items per library card.
- Some material types will not be available initially (e.g. museum passes, American Girl Dolls, electronic devices, games).
- Items owned by other libraries will not be available initially.
- We will notify you via phone when your order is ready. If you have limited mobility and need special accommodations, please let us know.
- NOTE: If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please do not come to the Library to pick up your holds. Contact the Library at 717-560-6441 to let us know you cannot make your pick up.
- When you arrive, please remain in your car and call the phone number that you were given. You must have your library card number with you, so we can verify your identity.
- Your materials will already be checked out and your receipt will be in your bag along with your items.
- A staff member will bring out your items and place them on a table before returning to the building. Then, you may exit your car to retrieve the items from the table. Please take the bag back to your car before opening it. Do not open the bag at the table.
- For more details and our most current procedures, please see our Curbside Holds page
On June 20, the 2020 Summer Reading Program will begin online.
- Registration and tracking of activities will be done online.
- Programs will be hosted virtually.
- We will share more information on our website and on social media as it becomes available.
On June 22, Manheim Township Public Library will reopen to the public in accordance with the Governor’s order.
Please note that these services and dates are specific to Manheim Township Public Library. Other libraries in Lancaster County will have different schedules and different processes, so be sure to check with your local library to see what services they offer.
These are challenging times for us all. We wish to welcome you back as we resume the services you have come to rely on from your Library. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
MTPL will open for “Browsing Times” beginning Monday, June 22nd.
At this time, the service is only available to residents of Manheim Township and East Lampeter Township.
Residents of Manheim Township and East Lampeter Township can schedule a 30 minute time slot to come in and browse the stacks or use the public computers. We will be allowing a limited number of people into the building at a time, so patrons must register for a time slot. Everyone entering the building is asked to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
Times will be available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM and Thursday and Friday 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, and 4 PM.
On Tuesday and Thursday the 10 AM browsing times will be reserved for vulnerable patrons.
To register for a browsing session, visit our Calendar to find a date and time. Registration for these slots works just like our regular event registration, and you will need to use your calendar account to register. For help with registering call the library at 717-560-6441 or see our Registration Help Page.
See all the details and procedures for our Browsing Times.
MTPL is happy to announce that we will begin offering curbside hold pick-ups on Monday, June 15th!
Please note that holds cannot be placed through the online catalog, only through the online request form.