Manheim Township Public Library is seeking a highly-motivated, dynamic individual for the Grant Writer/Fundraiser position. This individual will develop, plan, and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to support the Library’s mission. To be successful, the Grant Writer/Fundraiser must achieve established revenue goals. To learn more about the Library visit www.mtpl.info.
- Plan and implement all aspects of fundraising events
- Coordinate all fundraising campaigns
- Develop a comprehensive grant funding program
- Work with the Executive Director and Department Managers to identify projects that are suitable for grant funding
- Identify and research potential grantors, prepare grant applications, administer grants, and submit reports to grantors
- Donor relations activities including retention of current donors, assisting with solicitations, developing cultivation strategies for specific donors, expanding and diversifying donor base
- Develop relationships with businesses to obtain sponsorships, donations, gift-in-kind donations, and event participation
- Maintain donor database Track fundraising revenues and generate reports
- Promote fundraising activities using social media, mailings, press
- Create Corporate Sponsorship Plan
- Create Planned Giving/Bequests Program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years fundraising experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the development profession
- Proven experience in applying this knowledge to develop and carry out successful fundraising
- Knowledge of donor software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Experience creating website content (WordPress)
- Ability to produce promotional materials and digital displays
- Ability to meet fundraising goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in writing grant applications
- Flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. The position is 20 hours/week and includes evenings and weekends, based on the needs of the organization.
Must pass the Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint Based Federal Criminal History.
Application: Send cover letter, resume and three references to Joyce Sands, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manheim Township is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
We are always open to accepting offers of volunteer service. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and must commit to at least 6 months of weekly service, due to the extensive training required. The librarians at the Service Desk can provide an application.
Questions about volunteer service can be addressed to Janet Bailey at email@example.com or by calling (717) 560-6441 Ext. 307. Thank you for your interest.