ADULT SERVICES MANAGER (full-time)
Manheim Township Public Library is seeking a dynamic Adult Services Manager to manage library services to adults in a very busy suburban library. In 2010, the newly constructed Library opened its doors and quickly became a popular destination for a community that values education and literacy.
The Adult Services Manager will join a team that has a reputation for customer service excellence. This individual will supervise public services staff and volunteers who work in the adult area of the Library.
The Adult Services Manager will develop adult programs of an educational, recreational, and cultural nature. While at the public service desk, this individual will provide reference services to adults using the Library’s print and electronic resources. Reader’s advisory and instructional services for adults will be the responsibility of the Adult Services Manager.
The Adult Services Manager will make recommendations to the Collection Development Manager based on knowledge of the materials and patron interests. The Adult Services Manager must be familiar with collection development philosophy and materials selection. Must keep apprised of trends in this area.
The Adult Services Manager will conduct outreach to community organizations that serve local adults and have missions that are similar or complementary to the Library’s mission. Must be adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively.
The Adult Services Manager will become certified as a Passport Agent and serve in that capacity.
- Master of Library Science degree from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI fingerprint based federal criminal history check.
- Adult Services and Collection Development experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule, including weekend and evening hours.
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Pension plan.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and three business references to Joyce Sands, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Manheim Township Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
We are always open to accepting offers of volunteer service. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and must commit to at least 6 months of weekly service, due to the extensive training required. The librarians at the Service Desk can provide an application.
Questions about volunteer service can be addressed to Janet Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (717) 560-6441 Ext. 307. Thank you for your interest.