~ Library Director ~
Manheim Township, located in Lancaster County, PA, is looking for a highly motivated Library Director who will report directly to the Township Manager. The Library Director will be responsible for developing, administering, supervising and coordinating the work of the Library and staff; as well as performing managerial duties including personnel, budget, fund-raising and the overall operations of the Library. The Library Director will partner with the Library Board of Directors to carry out the mission of the Manheim Township Public Library.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Providing leadership for the overall effective and efficient operation and growth of the Library.
- Recommends, plans and directs the goals, objectives and operations of the Library.
- Performing a variety of public relations functions designed to inform the public of available Library resources and to promote literacy and use of the Library.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the public, officials, and other local libraries.
- Representing the Library with the Library System of Lancaster County (LSLC).
- Responsible for library materials management.
- Handles personnel tasks such as training, hiring, performance management, and employee work assignments and schedules.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school with at least three (3) years of administrative experience at the assistant director or director level.
- At least three (3) years of experience with budget management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com no later than May 15th, 2017.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
We are always open to accepting offers of volunteer service. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and must commit to at least 6 months of weekly service, due to the extensive training required. The librarians at the Service Desk can provide an application.
Questions about volunteer service can be addressed to Janet Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 560-6441 Ext. 307. Thank you for your interest.