What is the gift book program?
The MTPL Gift Book Program offers patrons a unique way to recognize or remember the many special people that touch our lives and celebrate life’s precious moments.
Celebrate, Recognize, Remember
- Celebrate a Birthday
- Salute an Anniversary
- Honor Parents for Mother’s or Father’s Day
- Acknowledge a Volunteer or Board Member
- Recognize a Teacher
- Commemorate a Birth
- Memorialize Family or Friends
- Mark a Milestone
How can I participate?
What you do:
Fill out the below form and submit your donation through PayPal. Or visit the library to submit a paper form and payment through cash or check.
What we do:
- Select and purchase a new book or books based on the information you provide and the library’s needs.
- Place a bookplate in each gift book to identify your honoree and you.
- Send you an acknowledgement letter letting you know what books were chosen, which can be used as a receipt for tax purposes.
- Send a letter announcing your gift to your honoree, or another party as indicated on the form.
How are the books chosen?
Books can be selected to match the honoree’s interests, hobbies, or expertise. Is your child obsessed with horses? Does Grandpa love to golf? Does your wife devour historical mysteries? We can do our best to match their interests with what our library currently needs, and select a book that’s right for both!