Dear Library Friend,
At this time of great concern for us all, we sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are in good health. Manheim Township Public Library has made an incredibly positive impact on the lives of so many and continues to do so even throughout this crisis. We are enormously proud of our role in Manheim Township and the surrounding communities. We are very optimistic about the year ahead but wanted to pause and reflect on some of the bright spots we have facilitated in continuing to serve our community during this pandemic:
- Usage of downloadable e-books and e-audiobooks has dramatically increased.
- Our youngest patrons had the opportunity to follow along with the adventures of Athena, our favorite Greek tortoise, and continue to enjoy new Stay Put Story Time, all online.
- Brand new Virtual Book Clubs began for kids, tweens and adults. Not only do they encourage reading, they also encourage connection.
- Programs including Baby Mania, Toddler Time, Hazardous History Book Club and even our youth STEAM and adult nutrition classes have all moved online and continue to be well attended.
- For the FIRST TIME EVER the Summer Reading Program was completely virtual! Encouraging kids to read throughout the summer is important now more than ever.
- Your Next 5 Books, a service where our librarians make personalized reading suggestions for patrons, launched during the pandemic. Our librarians fill several requests a day.
- Limited in-person services including express service for checkouts and computer usage, curbside pickup and grab bags for the kids have been very popular with patrons.
The safety of our patrons and staff is of our utmost concern as we continue to provide services, however, we must also consider the financial implications of the virus and the potentially damaging impact that it will have on the library. We are determined to enrich people’s lives long into the future. During the Annual Appeal, we ask you to consider what the Library has meant to you, your family and your community over the past year and then donate accordingly. All donations are greatly appreciated and will make a very real and lasting difference as we move through this difficult period.
With sincere gratitude,