What is the ‘Buy the Book’ Fundraiser?
Invitees enjoy an after hours evening at the Library. While enjoying light refreshments and music, they browse a collection of preselected new books, DVDs, CDs, and other items. They choose and pay for items (thereby underwriting the cost) that they would like to have added to the Library’s collections in their name or the name of a family member or friend. ‘In honor of’ or ‘In memory of’ book plates will be affixed to the items before they are placed on the shelves for the public to enjoy.
With the successful ‘Night at the Races’ fundraiser behind us, we’re recruiting volunteers to serve on an ad hoc Buy the Book Planning Committee. The fundraiser will take place in October 2018.
Are you a candidate for the Committee?
- Do you love Manheim Township Public Library?
- Are you looking for ways to get involved and support the Library, but can’t make a year-round commitment?
- Do you enjoy planning, attending, and encouraging others to attend events that support the Library?
- Do you enjoy working with a team to accomplish a worthwhile goal?
- Can you attend evening meetings, initially every two weeks? Then, weekly closer to the event date?
Would you like to volunteer or learn more?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then this is the opportunity for you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the Library’s Executive Director, Joyce Sands at 717-560-6441 ext. 303 or email@example.com.