Manheim Township Public Library is resuming library services using a phased plan, which will allow us to serve you while prioritizing the safety of the Manheim Township community and Library staff. You have been telling us that you miss the Library, and we want you to know that we’ve missed you too!
Here’s what we can tell you at this time:
On June 1, Manheim Township Public Library began accepting the return of checked-out materials.
- Materials are being quarantined before they are checked-in and they will remain on your account while in quarantine (currently 5 days).
- There will be no overdue fines assessed while the items are in quarantine.
- We will have boxes set up for returns at the front door when the weather permits and the Library is staffed. Please place returned items in the boxes.
- At other times, the drive up and/or front door book drops will be open for you to deposit materials.
- If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please wait to return your items.
On June 15, Manheim Township Public Library began curbside pick-up service for patrons to begin accessing physical library materials.
- Only books, DVDs, and items that are owned by Manheim Township Public Library and available on our shelves can be requested during this initial phase of service.
- To request items, fill out the Curbside Request Form or call the Library at 717-560-6441.
- We will not be using the online catalog for holds. Requests will only be taken by form or by phone.
- Orders will be limited to 5 items per library card.
- Some material types will not be available initially (e.g. museum passes, American Girl Dolls, electronic devices, games).
- Items owned by other libraries will not be available initially.
- We will notify you via phone when your order is ready. If you have limited mobility and need special accommodations, please let us know.
- NOTE: If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please do not come to the Library to pick up your holds. Contact the Library at 717-560-6441 to let us know you cannot make your pick up.
- When you arrive, please remain in your car and call the phone number that you were given. You must have your library card number with you, so we can verify your identity.
- Your materials will already be checked out and your receipt will be in your bag along with your items.
- A staff member will bring out your items and place them on a table before returning to the building. Then, you may exit your car to retrieve the items from the table. Please take the bag back to your car before opening it. Do not open the bag at the table.
- For more details and our most current procedures, please see our Curbside Holds page
On June 20, the 2020 Summer Reading Program will begin online.
- Registration and tracking of activities will be done online.
- Programs will be hosted virtually.
- We will share more information on our website and on social media as it becomes available.
On June 22, Manheim Township Public Library will reopen to the public in accordance with the Governor’s order.
Please note that these services and dates are specific to Manheim Township Public Library. Other libraries in Lancaster County will have different schedules and different processes, so be sure to check with your local library to see what services they offer.
These are challenging times for us all. We wish to welcome you back as we resume the services you have come to rely on from your Library. Thank you for your patience and understanding.