Manheim Township Public Library endeavors to inform, educate, inspire, and connect through its social media channels. Library staff uses social media to provide information and promote library programs, events, resources, and services. Social media serves as a platform to inspire positive conversation and expand the Library’s connection with the community.
Definition of Social Media
For the purpose of this policy, social media is defined as any website, application, or account created and maintained by Manheim Township Public Library and used to connect patrons and staff on library-related topics and matters.
Manheim Township Public Library welcomes comments, posts, and messages from the community. Users should have no expectation of privacy when postings on Library sponsored social media sites. Postings deemed inappropriate will be removed. In addition, Manheim Township Public Library reserves the right to ban or block users who have posted in violation of this policy. These comments include, but are not limited to:
- Obscene content or hate speech
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized material, material that violates copyright laws, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights
- Comments or hyperlinks not directly related to the library, its mission, or its activities
- Commercial promotion, advertisement, or spam
- Political activity
- Private or personal information, including name, age, phone number, address, etc.
- Photos or images which fall into any of the above categories
Manheim Township Public Library does not act in place of, or in the absence of, a parent/guardian and is not responsible for enforcing any restrictions which a parent/guardian may place on a minor’s use of social media.
Manheim Township Public Library is not responsible for or liable for any social media content posted by any participant who is not a member of the Library’s staff.
Users are expected to abide by the terms and conditions set by third party social media platforms and to abide by all Federal, State, and Local laws.
The content of the Library’s social media platforms is considered public record under the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law and is subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Manheim Township Public Library Foundation Board Approved 4/22/20