A library card for the Library System of Lancaster County will be issued without charge to any resident of Lancaster County who is five years old or more.
A child under the age of 14 years must have the library card application form signed by a parent or legal guardian who agrees to assume responsibility for monitoring the materials borrowed by the child, as well as the child’s fines and the cost of any lost or damaged materials. (See Confidentiality)
Applicants will need to produce proof of address from one of the following sources:
- A valid driver’s license
- A current identification card
- A bill from a utility company or retailer addressed to the person and dated in the last three months
- A tax bill for a Lancaster County property
- Working papers issued to a teenager
- A copy of a current lease or deed for a Lancaster County property
- Checks with a pre-printed Lancaster County address
- Valid Lancaster County college / university ID
Non-residents of Lancaster County should see the librarian to obtain a card.