Proctoring services at the Manheim Township Public Library have been suspended. At this time, we are unable to schedule or reschedule appointments.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
As a service to patrons and area residents, MTPL provides exam proctoring services by appointment only.
Fee: $50 per test
Please review the procedures below and schedule an exam by emailing email@example.com or calling the library at 717-560-6441 and asking about proctoring. Proctoring services are only available during the library’s regular open hours and appointments are subject to the availability of proctors. To ensure a proctor will be available, it is suggested that appointments be scheduled one week in advance.
- Tests will be administered in a private study room. The proctor will periodically check on the test taker, who will remain visible through the study room’s windows. The proctor will not remain in the room with the test taker.
- MTPL keeps a log reflecting test taker information, receipt of test materials, date of test, and return mailing if a paper test is completed.
- Computerized tests can be accommodated on a library laptop or the student’s personal laptop, if permitted by the educational institution offering the test.
- At the conclusion of an exam, if applicable, MTPL will return the test materials to the testing institution via the U.S. Postal Service, fax, or email.
- If U.S. Postal Service is required, then the school/institution will provide a return envelope with postage and address. The test taker is responsible for paying any required faxing fees or any postage not provided by the school/institution. Returning tests will be handled in the same manner as all other library mail. The library cannot arrange for UPS or FedEx pickup. The Library cannot assume responsibility for completed exams not received by the testing institution.
- Due to legal and ethical matters, staff other than the proctor will not sign a proctoring statement that attests to what they have not attended.
- MTPL reserves the right to cancel or change the date of any proctored test. (Examples: inclement weather, computer malfunction, building evacuation, etc.)
- MTPL will not proctor any GED testing. These requests should be directed to the MT High School or the County’s IU13
- MTPL will not provide personal information for any of the proctors, such as driver’s license numbers, home phone numbers or addresses.
Student/Test Taker Responsibilities
- Review these proctoring guidelines and verify that the school has approved them.
- Contact the library and sending institution to make specific arrangements to take the test. All arrangements are the test taker’s responsibility. MTPL will not contact the institution to negotiate dates or fill out forms for any arrangements. Student/test taker is also responsible for rescheduling the test date should an emergency arise for him/her.
- Provide current photo ID bearing signature; name on ID and name under which the test taker is registered for the test must match.
- Test taker is responsible for supplying all required materials necessary to take the test including paper, pencils, calculators and audio equipment.
- For paper tests, test takers will provide return envelope and postage if this is not provided by the institution.
- Review and approve these proctoring guidelines.
- Clearly supply the name of the institution or agency sending the exam, full name of the test taker, the complete test, and detailed instructions for the proctor on administering the exam.
- Send the testing materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or the proctor, if specified, with the student’s name in the subject line or mail the exam materials to the Manheim Township Public Library postal address (595 Granite Run Dr., Lancaster, PA 17601) marked ATTN: Proctoring Services.
- For paper tests, the institution should supply the library with a return envelope with postage and address and give an expiration date after which the exam should be shredded. Default time for destroying the test is three months from receipt of test.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.